Technician in systems-engineering or micro-engineering
We are looking for a skilled technician with some years of experience in systems-engineering or micro-engineering.
His/Her tasks will be multiple and diverse:
- Assembly, tests and calibration of our products
- Follow up of parts fabrication (contact with suppliers)
Commissioning of the instrument at customer sites.
Support to the R&D team:
- Prototype fabrication and tests
- Characterization of new products
- Development of test benches (development, design, fabrication) and software development
Support to the sales team:
- Feasibility studies and experiments
- Technical documentation review
Desired Skills & Experience
- Good practical knowledge in applied micro-engineering and/or system engineering (soldering, wiring, fine mechanics assembly, …);
- Proficient with software tools such as CAD (Solidworks or similar) and LabView
- Independent, solution- and results-oriented work style
- Team player with good communication skills
- Very good knowledge of English. French and/or German is an Advantage
- Ready to travel for tradeshows, conferences and commissioning at customer sites all around the world
Alemnis is a high tech company situated in Thun, Switzerland (www.alemnis.ch). It is a spin-off from EMPA-Thun (Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Science and Technology) founded in 2008. Alemnis pioneered in-situ nanoindentation in SEM that opened up new avenues for materials and mechanics research at small length scales. Alemnis instruments are used by leading research groups around the world to perform cutting edge research and materials development.
The working environment is highly stimulating surrounded by young, top scientists in materials science. Alemnis offers attractive social conditions, work flexibility and great opportunities for young, creative and highly motivated people.
Working at Alemnis, you will get a flavor of the most advanced sciences with the thrill of industry! Come and be part of the dream!
How to apply
We look forward to receiving your online application in English including a comprehensive CV and letter of motivation. Please address your application to Jean-Marc Breguet at firstname.lastname@example.org.